ISRAEL PRAYER NEWS - SEPTEMBER 2008
PRAY FOR REVIVAL AND THE SALVATION OF ISRAEL
"My heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved." (Romans 10:1)
"For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch....I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth." (Isaiah 62:1, 6-7)
Pray for the strengthening of Israeli Messianic Jews and maturity of the indigenous body of believers. Petition heaven for justice regarding the persecution of Messianic Jews in the Land. Recently, the Israeli government has imposed new restrictions on overseas Christian workers in the form of visa nonrenewals, forcing many to leave the country this year. God may use this issue to relocate Gentile believers to other nations where they can trumpet His heart for Israel. Still, we must pray against any schemes of the evil one to thwart the divine mandate to comfort Zion. (Isaiah 40:1, 51:3, 60:10)
RAIN FROM HEAVEN
Israeli officials are scrambling to accommodate the nation's most serious drought since
its existence. Water rationing is in effect and emergency measures are being devised. The tears of the interceding Church will release rain from heaven for Israel. (Deut. 11:13-14, Hosea 6:3)
The US continues to pressure Israel toward relinquishing East Jerusalem to the Palestinians. According to recent news reports, the Olmert administration is attempting to implement such a plan before the Prime Minister's resignation takes effect in the near future. (Zechariah 12:3)
PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM AND ALL ISRAEL
Pray for governmental leaders in Israel, the US, Muslim/Arabic regions, and other key nations, that they may turn to Adonai, and that we may live peaceable lives in holiness. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
Since the end of the Second Lebanon War in 2006, it is a widely acknowledged fact that Hezbollah has steadily re-armed with now overwhelming supplies of sophisticated weaponry, mostly imports from Syria and Iran----and Russia. This re-armament violates the terms of the UN-brokered truce. It greatly concerns Israel because it likely puts the country in a more vulnerable position than before the war. However, the UN has thus far chosen not to take action. (Psalm 122:6, Psalm 83)
Many military sources, including those in Israel, expect war to erupt in Israel in the near future. There are three main scenarios:
(1) Renewed military conflict with Hezbollah, now dangerously armed. Such a conflict could easily spark the involvement of other neighboring nations, particularly Syria and Iran. In that case, unconventional warfare is quite possible in the form of biological or chemical weapons directed at Israel.
(2) Iran has repeatedly announced its intention to annihilate Israel, and will soon have the nuclear means to do so. On the other hand, Israel could try to attack Iran's nuclear facility pre-emptively, which could set off a major regional war.
(3) The recent conflict between Russia and Georgia involves Israel and access to Mideast oil pipelines. Israel is aligned strategically with, and has militarily aided Georgia, to help ensure continued oil pipe flow to Israel from that region. If the Russia-Georgia dispute is not resolved, there may be a further setting in place of events that could eventually precipitate the apocalyptic battle described in Ezekiel 38-39. In that passage, nations representing Russia and certain Islamic states attack Israel, apparently over access to natural resources. God intervenes, however, and Israel experiences a miraculous victory exalting Yahweh in the earth. Pray that Satan will not initiate these prophetic, end-times events until their divinely ordered time.
Thank you for praying with us for the apple of God's eye.
"Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her, all you who lover her;
rejoice greatly with her, all you who mourn over her." (Isaiah 66:10)
- Conflict off the Coast of Gaza: Flotilla and the Facts
May 31, 2010
- Prophetic Perspective on the News - April-May 2010
- THE UNLEAVENED BREAD OF SINCERITY AND TRUTH
- The Purim Iranian Threat - March 2010
- The Intercessory Sacrifice of Praise - February 1, 2010
- Prayer Points for Israel - January 2010
- Prayer Points for Israel - December 2009
- Constructing Controversy or Building up Israel: Understanding the Current Building Construction Controversy
- The Blessing of Change
- Prophetic Perspectives and Prayer Points on News from Jerusalem - November 2, 2009
- Prophetic Perspectives and Prayer Points on News from Jerusalem - October 2, 2009
- Tisha B'Av and Standing Firm in Love
- Heritage of the Righteous in an Era of Evil - Psalm 37
- ISRAEL, THE CHURCH, AND IRAN
- Holocaust Remembrance Day 2009: Eve of Durban II
- UNRAVELING ISRAELI PARTISAN ELECTIONS
- TODAY IS THE DAY OF ISRAEL'S SALVATION
- WHY SUPPORT ISRAEL IN TOUGH TIMES?
- NEWS FROM ISRAEL - FEBRUARY 2009
- HAMAS-ISRAEL WAR JANUARY 2009
- YEAR-END ISRAEL PRAYER NEWS BULLETIN - DECEMBER 2008
- Israel Prayer News - November 2008
- Israel Prayer News - October 2008
- Israel Prayer News - September 2008
- Israel Prayer News - August 2008
- Israel Prayer News - July 2008
- Israel Prayer News - June 2008
- Israel Prayer News - May 2008
- The Wisdom of the Annapolis Peace Summit
- What is God Saying About Israel in 2007?
- Israel at War: A Prophetic Perspective
- July 2006 Light of Zion Newsletter
- In the Wake of Israel's 2006 Elections
- Israel, Hamas, Iran and the Body of Christ: A Time for War...February, 2006
- Viewpoint from Israel - Entering 2006
- An Open Letter About The Disengagement: August 20, 2005
- What in the World is God doing with Israel?
- Standing with the Jewish People